Pelicans Report

Thread: Line Up Idea

The Franchise

Line Up Idea

I was thinking, Peja playing with the bench today is the number one scoring option, and is playing good, maybe a solution to our problem would be to have a starting line up like

Paul
    Peterson
    Wright
    West
    Chandler

With wright playing the first 5 minutes of each half, this way wright can be a slasher that the starting line up needs, and Peja can be a scorer like the bench needs, and he can still get good minutes just by coming of the bench
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

so u want peja coming off the bench??? I dont think that would be a good idea...the problem is the offense doesnt go through Peja, there are no plays made for him...if you noticed at the end of the game tonight against the clippers they kept getting him open 4 posessions in a row and he scored on every single one...

The Franchise
    exactly if he came of the bench he would be the number one scoring option with the bench players, he can do what terry does for dallas, or what ginobli does for the spurs

dallas plays Terry and Stackhouse off the bench who both obviously better than Harris,Hassell, Barea, and Eddie Jones

Terry and Stackhouse both play a lot of minutes and play at the end of the game, they just play a little bit more with the bench than they would if they started...while they have Dirk, and Howard in the starting lineup...so they always have 2 scorers in the game, which is not a bad idea

Peja would be the obvious choice to come off the bench but Scott would probably leave it up to him to make the final decision if Scott ever came to him with the proposal

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709
    exactly if he came of the bench he would be the number one scoring option with the bench players, he can do what terry does for dallas, or what ginobli does for the spurs
    And the opposing defense would collapse on him, rendering Peja completely ineffective offensively.

Tonight, the bench produced early, but didn't produce at all late and when it really mattered.

Time for some football!!!

60 million for a bench player? I don't think so, bad idea, Byron would never do this.

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Just get him more shots. He's getting better every game.

The Franchise
    its not that hes a bench player though, he would still play the same amount of minutes just starting from the bench

Instead of Peja, I'm thinking Mo-Pete would be great coming off the bench. Butler has always played better as a starter; if he can show he can defend well enough, why not swap him and Mo-Pete? Mo would still get major minutes, but would be really effective as a shooter off the bench- the role Rasual can't seem to perform too well right now.

Paul
    Butler
    Peja
    West
    Chandler

Bench:

Mo-Pete (at the 2 and 3)
    B-Jax (1 and 2)
    Ely
    Pargo
    Armstrong
    Bowen
    Wright

Huluska
    Vinicious

The Franchise
    i was thinking mo pete too, its just last year at the raptors when that happend he played horribly coming of the bench

Outlandishly Optimistic... 2poor's Avatar
    I'm as high on Wright as the next guy, but we really have no idea how much PT he can handle right now. Just because he was a high pick doesn't mean he's ready to start in the NBA.

Peja needs more sets run for him, not a reduced role handed to him. Personally I think his D has looked a lot better recently. No, he's not making any all-NBA defensive teams any time soon, but he's done a fairly respectable job for the most part (over the last 5 games or so).
    Never looking back...or too far in front of me - the present is a gift, and I just wanna BEE.

Quote Originally Posted by 2poor
    I'm as high on Wright as the next guy, but we really have no idea how much PT he can handle right now. Just because he was a high pick doesn't mean he's ready to start in the NBA.

Peja needs more sets run for him, not a reduced role handed to him. Personally I think his D has looked a lot better recently. No, he's not making any all-NBA defensive teams any time soon, but he's done a fairly respectable job for the most part (over the last 5 games or so).
    finally somebody else has noticed that too, he also is dribbling to the goal and making his own shots instead of just waiting for shots to come to him and he is being very effective.

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    finally somebody else has noticed that too, he also is dribbling to the goal and making his own shots instead of just waiting for shots to come to him and he is being very effective.
    Yes he is. He is looking better and better every game.

He needs more set plays though. We can't just rely on Peja waiting at the 3 point line and hoping CP3's brilliance gets him a shot.

Thread Information