Pelicans Report

Thread: Free Ben, Free Ben!!

Free Ben, Free Ben!!

Okay the titile was sarcasim joke. In seriousness this is the second time. The second time! How do you make the same mistake twice? Are women really out to get him? I doubt it. Boy talk about a double wammy for Ben Roethlisberger.

Hes a millionaire who parties and women take advantage of the situation and try and benefit from him letting his guard down, and what better time to accuse someone of nonsense than right after they just got done dealing with the same bs. i highly doubt he did anything wrong

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    At the very least he's guilty of stupidity. Pro tip: If you're a 28 year old high profile athlete it's probably not a good idea to go party in a college town with 20 year old college girls. Maybe stick to the mid 25'ers in clubs.

As the investigation regarding the sexual assault allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roerhlisberger continues, KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh reports that Roethlisberger admitted to having "sexual contact" with the woman who claims sexual assault, but that there was no intercourse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lleged-victim/

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFanJeff
    As the investigation regarding the sexual assault allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roerhlisberger continues, KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh reports that Roethlisberger admitted to having "sexual contact" with the woman who claims sexual assault, but that there was no intercourse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lleged-victim/
    LOL she fell and hit her head..........oh man. I dont see this turning out well

What a moron.

Yeah, not looking good for Big Ben.

No matter how you phrase it, this doesn't sound good. Looks like a suspension comming for Ben.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5094224
    A friend of the woman who accused Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told authorities that Roethlisberger's bodyguard "dragged" the woman into a bathroom where the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and woman had sexual relations.

In 500-plus pages of documents released Wednesday, Nicole Biancofiore told investigators from the Georgia Bureau of Investigations that her friend, a student at Georgia College & State University, "was dragged by a bodyguard to the back room in Capital [City, a local nightclub]. She was extremely intoxicated and not aware of what was happening."

"He had sex w/me and meanwhile his bodyguards told my friends they couldn't pass them to get to me," the accuser wrote in her statement, which was reported in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster
    At the very least he's guilty of stupidity. Pro tip: If you're a 28 year old high profile athlete it's probably not a good idea to go party in a college town with 20 year old college girls. Maybe stick to the mid 25'ers in clubs.

What makes it so incredibly stupid is that the NFL has a system in place to keep players out this kind of thing.

Yearly (mandatory) seminars for every team on the dangers of having a posse, hangers on, how to save your money, women, what to do when you are out and in a bad situation ... they even give these guys numbers to call in the event they find themselves in a bad situation. No player can ever say they didn't know what to do, didn't have a choice, or were forced to do something.

That said, none of these players are safe from women out to get them. We as fans choose to believe what we want ... did Kobe really rape that girl, how about Ben?

There has been talk of a double standard for white and black athletes; this is 2010 it's not about race ... it's about status. The Bens and Kobes of the world are in the same class, they get the benefit of the doubt. It's the journeymen, the roster fillers, white and black, that are given the worst punishments and are made examples of. Ray Lewis proved you might even be able to kill someone if you are popular enough ... unless of course we are talking about dogs, then the league will really go after you.

I don't know what happened between Ben and these girls, but I do know this is starting to follow him around and define him as a player. It's one thing to have a rep as a ladies man, that's not what Ben is selling with his actions. Makes me glad our Super Bowl MVP QB is a married and fighting against violence in New Orleans, instead of explaining why women are out to get him.

If this turns out to be true i don't think roethlisberger'll be a steeler by the end of the month

There have been reports the Steelers are looking to trade him -- I bet the Raiders would bite.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Wow...screwing in a can (to say nothing of the sexual assault charge). Ain't that all class...

Time for some football!!!

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Yeah, not looking good for Big Ben.
    I wonder how he earned his nickname.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Considering what the girl said maybe it's an ironic nickname.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

I don't try to use Terry Bradshaw as a litmus test as to who I like and who I don't, but knowing he has fought his own demons, has reached out to ben, and ben doesn't like him...when Terry says he is learning to not like Big Ben, so am I.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

He's a great quarterback but he's also a fat, sloppy, womanizer, and possibly worse.

6 game suspension

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/21...-games/?hpt=T1
    National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell slapped Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger with a six-game suspension for "conduct detrimental to the NFL" Wednesday, calling it "the best step for your personal and professional welfare."

I would be surprised if he weren't traded to the Raiders on Draft Day -- the question is only if Al Davis is stupid/senile enough to give up his first round pick (the answer to which is probably yes).

Thread Information