Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Offseason Thread

Basketball.

The Franchise
    I remember when I first joined this forum, most of you had a strong, and fervent dislike for Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I remember when I first joined this forum, most of you had a strong, and fervent dislike for Jrue
    I think "most" is not right. Most loved Jrue. There were some that wanted him gone. Apparently, his timeline just did not fit the team back then.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    that's bull. He was always well liked, even when it became apparent that we needed to part ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Those rules don’t apply to GM Lebron

Definitely not true of me. I remember arguing with people that he was a top 20 player at times

Moment he got traded, I said I wanted his jersey retired.

Dominoes starting to fall.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    that's bull. He was always well liked, even when it became apparent that we needed to part ways.
    This is true and false.

Most if the board hated Jrue. Also most of the board from back then is no longer posting. It's very possible the Jrue loving faction is who remained. It's also possible all of the Jrue hating accounts were alt accounts belonging to legendary NOLA sports writers who have since left us to join a mystical elite NOLA beat writers sports forum.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-18-2024 at 04:56 PM.

All-Star
    would zach edey be our #1 target? is there a good chance he doesnt fall to us? will we have to trade up. Lakers want a big C to help AD. They should have just kept dwight howard.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    would zach edey be our #1 target? is there a good chance he doesnt fall to us? will we have to trade up. Lakers want a big C to help AD. They should have just kept dwight howard.
    Given how we can't wait to get rid of Jonas because he's an offensive minded center who is too slow to switch and/or effectively guard the perimeter, I can't imagine we're that high on Edey.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Given how we can't wait to get rid of Jonas because he's an offensive minded center who is too slow to switch and/or effectively guard the perimeter, I can't imagine we're that high on Edey.
    I wish we could find a way to keep Jonas. I like his grit, his rebounding and offense.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This is true and false.

Most if the board hated Jrue. Also most of the board from back then is no longer posting. It's very possible the Jrue loving faction is who remained. It's also possible all of the Jrue hating accounts were alt accounts belonging to legendary NOLA sports writers who have since left us to join a mystical elite NOLA beat writers sports forum.
    There were always some criticisms on true, like some poorly timed turnovers and spotty 3pt shooting, but overall I felt that the sentiment was positive. It just soured during the season where Griff tried to sell him as an MVP candidate lmao

What a steal for OKC

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    OKC won that deal. Caruso is a great fit for them and they plan to extend him.

Griff just staring at the phones like ''any minute now, someone will call.''

Griff’s phone

What a steal for OKC
    I cannot express to you comrades enough how much I detest Giddey and how happy I am he's in the Eastern Conference. I won't be able to sleep tonight I'm so ecstatic to see it and I was dog tired before coming in here. I should have checked this thread sooner.
    Last edited by PELICANSFAN; 06-22-2024 at 12:28 AM.

The Franchise
    Definitely not true of me. I remember arguing with people that he was a top 20 player at times

Moment he got traded, I said I wanted his jersey retired.
    Yeah, I recall your critiques being rational. Nothing over the top. I was just surprised at all the negative comments I was seeing. Maybe I had an impression of his game that was overvalued at the time.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I have no reason to lie. I would say your response is bull.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think "most" is not right. Most loved Jrue. There were some that wanted him gone. Apparently, his timeline just did not fit the team back then.
    Perhaps "most" is a bit of an overstatement. There was a lot of criticism though. So much so that it surprised me.

I have six kids, so my memory is fuzzy, but IIRC it was the early Jrue Pelicans days where he was the most hated player on the team but by the end of the Jrue Pelican era he had turned our hearts. So y'all might be remembering different times.

One extremely constant thing we all tend to do as NBA fans is judge players way too early. They get into the league so young it takes 5 to 8 years to hit their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I have six kids, so my memory is fuzzy, but IIRC it was the early Jrue Pelicans days where he was the most hated player on the team but by the end of the Jrue Pelican era he had turned our hearts. So y'all might be remembering different times.

One extremely constant thing we all tend to do as NBA fans is judge players way too early. They get into the league so young it takes 5 to 8 years to hit their prime.
    I think people didn't like him much in the beginning because he had all the leg issues with the stress "reaction" stuff. So he missed a lot of games early on. I love Jrue though. Total class act and handled a trade request in the proper manner. Unlike those that shall not be named that happens to be a Laker and last name rhymes with Avis.

Promotions being made official.

Hopefully with this being done, Atkinson getting the Cleveland job, Redick getting the LA job, and the draft tomorrow, it's a sign that teams are ready to start making their moves.

Stein is generally on the ball.

Thread Information