Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Offseason Thread

Speaking of Jrue; I’m proud of him, he is a swell guy and was always putting the effort on the floor. For whatever reason, he was a bad fit here and he had one year where he looked very dangerous in a New Orleans uniform. Put him in a better team and of course he is going to be a better player- he was asked to do too much here and it wasn’t working out. We made the right decision in letting him go and he benefitted from us letting him go. He was not winning a ship here or coming even close- look at us currently. Jrue won’t fix these issues.

Yes yes yes yes yes

Do it Griff. Make it happen.
    Basketball.

Quoting directly from Fischer's article here, link: https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-dr...225531497.html

The Hawks, of course, are expected to engage rival teams on trade scenarios for both Trae Young and Dejounte Murray throughout this offseason. The Lakers, Pelicans and Spurs remain three destinations that would be appealing to Young, league sources told Yahoo Sports
    That is to say, Trae apparently has the Pels on the shortlist.

Get this man to New Orleans, Griff. Give 'em BI, give 'em Nance, give 'em Dyson, two firsts, whatever you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Promotions being made official.

Hopefully with this being done, Atkinson getting the Cleveland job, Redick getting the LA job, and the draft tomorrow, it's a sign that teams are ready to start making their moves.
    What's Griff then?

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    What's Griff then?
    ''Executive vice president of basketball operations'' last I remember it.

We have some nonsense titles in this organisation, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    What's Griff then?
    president of basketball operations.

That's a heist.

I like Bridges but 4 unprotected firsts and a swap and another pick from elsewhere is wild.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    That’s insane

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    That’s insane
    I will say, it probably helps us in the BI market.

Bridges is good, but he's not world's better than BI - his contract is doing most of the heavy lifting. But with him being one of the other big name wings on the market and now he's off the board, price of BI probably goes up slightly.

May help us get Trae.

Nets really going for it right now.

They're seemingly going into full rebuild mode.

Wow, those are some ambitions for the Rockets.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Oh I'd hate to see BI go but that Bridges trade setting the bar so high means I'd probably like whatever we get back better. Lol

And honestly if we did it to get Young, the secondary impact of it meaning the Lakers miss out on Young makes it so much sweeter.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oh I'd hate to see BI go but that Bridges trade setting the bar so high means I'd probably like whatever we get back better. Lol

And honestly if we did it to get Young, the secondary impact of it meaning the Lakers miss out on Young makes it so much sweeter.
    If we could swindle Trae and Okongwu, rather than having to take on Capela's rough salary, that would be phenomenal.

I don't think that's happening, but it's nice to dream.

The 76ers are working on a package that includes pick #16 to send to the Pels for Ingram.

Heard this on the Boot Krewe podcast. I want Trae Young do what you need to do to make that happen Griff.

** Said later in the pod that the report "might be faked" so who knows. Its something one of them read while live on the podcast.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-25-2024 at 11:11 PM.

Givony in ESPN's latest mock quote only the pelicans with Ingram in the sweepstakes of Murray or Trae.

I truly hope NO go all in for Trae. He's a transformative offensive player. Worst case this team can't win the title due to their D but they could be remembered as fun as the 7 seconds or less Suns.

I wouldn't mind Capella, he's still serviceable and could be a good veteran to keep the middle if we select a prospect center. Also taking him would lessen the price of Young. And if the pelicans can retain their other assets that would be perfect.

Yes yes yes yes yes

Do it Griff. Make it happen.

I hope Griffin won't let this opportunity go. Trae, CJ, Trey... give me also Brook Lopez from Bucks and Zion will have heaven to play.

All-Star
    hes not worlds better than BI but a hell of a lot more reliable! its like comparing a toyota to a im thinking alfa romeo?

Per HoopsHpye the Pels were one of the teams trying to acquire Mikal Bridges. Those 4 unprotected picks from the Knicks were too goo to pass on I don’t blame the Nets.

Quoting directly from Fischer's article here, link: https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-dr...225531497.html

That is to say, Trae apparently has the Pels on the shortlist.

Get this man to New Orleans, Griff. Give 'em BI, give 'em Nance, give 'em Dyson, two firsts, whatever you gotta do.
    They want Herb. That's why it hasn't been done.
    Plus Griff and Green don't really like Trae apparently.
    Doesn't fit their culture.

Stupid thinking.

Basketball Guru
    i wouldnt mind starting the season off with...trae,,hawkins, herb, zion, capella, starting 5.....trae is the player in the back court that AD never had or zion never had here....

ingram and CJ can make us a better and deep team if we can hit on the right players..

Ingram not going anywhere. I have a feeling they are looking at his poor play at end of season due to his injuries.

Rockets interested in Durant or Booker per WOJ

Perhaps a raccoon playing piano will make y’all feel better

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

Stupid thinking.
    That poses an interesting question....I saw some "experts" saying it would take BI, Herb, maybe Hawkins, and a few 1sts to get Trae. So would you rather:

Murray for BI mostly straight up but maybe some fillers

Or

Young for BI, Herb, and four firsts?

I'm not a huge fan of picks because I feel like anyone we draft wouldn't really get minutes for a LONG time because we would be in 'win now' mode but that Young trade locks us in with not much trade ammunition for the future and a gaping hole at C. I actually might prefer trading for Murray if the Young trade guts the team much more. I also feel like we would need both Trey and Herb to keep our defense and wing positions strong if we land Young.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

Stupid thinking.
    From what I have heard, Zion really wants Trae but Griffin is not a huge fan. I hope he changes his stance or that Hawks actually make Trae available.

Thread Information