Pelicans Report

Thread: The new NBA TV Deal is official!

NBA The new NBA TV Deal is official!

I?m hoping this is the end to Ballys.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...on-prime-video

The NBA signed its 11-year media rights deal with Disney, NBC and Amazon Prime Video on Wednesday after saying it was not accepting Warner Bros. Discovery's $1.8 billion per year offer to continue its longtime relationship with the league.

The media rights deals were approved by the league's Board of Governors last week and will bring the league about $76 billion over those 11 years.

WBD had five days to match a part of those deals and said it was exercising its right to do so, but its offer was not considered a true match by the NBA. That means the 2024-25 season will be the last for TNT after a nearly four-decade run.

I'm praying that this is the end to Ballys however I have yet to see a real proposed alternative. This new deal is great but nowhere does it talk about individual team game plans or deals. I want to watch all of the Pels games not the 1% that they are gonna put on national TV. I wish the Pels would announce what the plans are for the upcoming season and how to watch.

Being a Direct TV customer from Mississippi, I have practically no access to the Pelicans outside of Nationally televised games. Our local cable shows the Pelicans on one of their channels, but I can't access that. Access to Pelican games has been a nightmare due to blackouts and a lack of options.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Yeah. Same. Even though I'm in Louisiana, Lake Charles never got Pels games locally. The regional channels have been a godsend. But maybe they'll fix that by expanding local markets similar to the NFL.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

I hope Bally or any iteration of it is forever banished to Hell. How do you manage to take an app that works perfectly fine and brick it for absolutely no reason with a pointless update. I had trouble watching for weeks because of their incompetence and I’ve heard nothing but terrible things about them from everybody else. Please be the end

This national TV deal has nothing to do with Ballys.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    This national TV deal has nothing to do with Ballys.
    But it might be easier to find on the air. Better quality streaming. Hopefully you won’t need a Bally’s subscription now.

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/ent...streaming-deal

As part of the agreement, Prime Video Channels will also be the strategic partner and third-party global channels store destination for NBA League Pass, the NBA’s subscription service for streaming live and on-demand games, in the U.S. and internationally.
    “The digital opportunities with Amazon align perfectly with the global interest in the NBA,” said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. “And Prime Video’s massive subscriber base will dramatically expand our ability to reach our fans in new and innovative ways.”
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-26-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Looks like we are on the chopping block. Looks like Front Office got no choice but to find a new provider.

https://awfulannouncing.com/bally/nb...-pelicans.html

Much as it cut ties with two MLB teams last summer, the Diamond Sports Group could axe several NBA teams from its portfolio of live rights as its bankruptcy reorganization process drags along.

Per the Sports Business Journal, five NBA teams could have their rights deals with Diamond severed heading into the 2024-25 season. Those five teams are the Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Pelicans, and Oklahoma City Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Looks like we are on the chopping block. Looks like Front Office got no choice but to find a new provider.

https://awfulannouncing.com/bally/nb...-pelicans.html
    Dallas is a surprise. But for the others, you've got 3 small markets and a bad team (Detroit).

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    For those of you who always accuse Mrs Benson of penny pinching. She rejected a 20% higher offer from Diamond to go with the contract that would make most Pelicans games for the entire season free throughout the Louisiana market.

Last weekend, Diamond Sports reengaged with the Pelicans and offered them a new deal that was more lucrative than anything they previously had been presented. The Pelicans on Monday notified many of the major players involved that they were still choosing Gray as their broadcast partner despite Diamond's offer being 20% higher, according to sources.

This looks like it has potential, at least for locals.

Furthermore, the Pelicans and Gray are in discussions to launch a sports-only, over-the-air TV network on substations in 11 different markets. The Gulf Coast Sports & Entertainment Network could feature live sports programming , not just Pelicans games, but Birmingham Squadron and high school games, too ? in addition to other New Orleans Saints and Pelicans digital content.

*The Original Get Buzzin* GetBuzzin's Avatar
    Most games will be on "substation" Bounce. Most fans, without cable, don't get Bounce "New Orleans local". So we're right back where we've been since Shinn. You'll see "some" games on WVUE. Gayle ain't pinching pennies here; she'll be grabbing dollars when the Pelicans TV app and online service becomes available for a monthly $ubscription.

Thank god!

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GetBuzzin View Post
    Most games will be on "substation" Bounce. Most fans, without cable, don't get Bounce "New Orleans local". So we're right back where we've been since Shinn. You'll see "some" games on WVUE. Gayle ain't pinching pennies here; she'll be grabbing dollars when the Pelicans TV app and online service becomes available for a monthly $ubscription.
    I "cut the cord" almost a decade ago and Bounce is one of the easiest stations to pick up in all markets with a $10 antenna. Crystal clear no interruptions. Get a $50 antenna and you can get like three Bounces. I currently get it for Lake Charles, Beaumont, AND Lafayette. If it's really showing in all those markets, this could be SWEET.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-08-2024 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GetBuzzin View Post
    Right back to worse. At least with Bally, it recorded it so that I can watch it later when I actually have time. This blows dogs for quarters. I dont understand why there has to be so many hoops to jump through to watch a Pels game. I'm not getting an antenna to watch. I'll watch it on the internet so they wont get my petty 1 tv viewership.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I "cut the cord" almost a decade ago and Bounce is one of the easiest stations to pick up in all markets with a $10 antenna. Crystal clear no interpretations. Get a $50 antenna and you can get like three Bounces. I currently get it for Lake Charles, Beaumont, AND Lafayette. If it's really showing in all those markets, this could be SWEET.
    For real bounce is extremely accessible

Go to Dollar General, Big Lots, Wal-Mart and get yourself an $10 antenna

Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-08-2024 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    Right back to worse. At least with Bally, it recorded it so that I can watch it later when I actually have time. This blows dogs for quarters. I dont understand why there has to be so many hoops to jump through to watch a Pels game. I'm not getting an antenna to watch. I'll watch it on the internet so they wont get my petty 1 tv viewership.
    F.Y.I.
    https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...s-gray-tv-deal

The Pelicans struck a multiyear partnership with Gray Television to broadcast their games on "over-the-air TV on a full-time basis starting next season," according to sources cited by Christian Clark of the New Orleans ADVOCATE. The team “experimented” with the concept last season by showing “a handful of games” on WVUE-TV Fox 8. The agreement means that the “vast majority” of the Pelicans' 82 regular-season games next season will be available for free in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The move will “improve the Pelicans' accessibility” and “allow the team to reach a significantly larger TV audience.” The seven games the Pelicans showed on WVUE-TV Fox 8 last season and other “major over-the-air stations” drew an average of 46,057 TV households -- a 260% increase from what the team averaged on Diamond-owned Bally Sports. The Pelicans and Gray are also “in discussions” to launch a “sports-only, over-the-air TV network” on substations in 11 different markets, called the “Gulf Coast Sports & Entertainment Network.” The network “could feature live sports programming” in addition to other Saints and Pelicans digital content. The Pelicans are also “working with the NBA” to bring a streaming product to market for next season (New Orleans ADVOCATE, 8/6).

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...s-gray-tv-deal

We’ve got a new Network

n time, the Pelicans’ plan, multiple sources said, is to air the vast majority of their games on a newly created channel, which will be called the Gulf Coast Sports and Entertainment Network.

The Gulf Coast Sports and Entertainment Network will be available as an over-the-air signal, meaning that anyone with an antenna will be able to access it for free in many of the major markets across Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. There have already been preliminary discussions about broadcasting high school sports on the channel as well, multiple sources said.
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...6c836fab5.html

Thread Information